Solved

Strategies to create a waiting list/ email flow for customers, say if an item is out of stock.

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi team, 

I am in the midst of planning a waiting list email marketing strategy for our brands. Say if an item is out of stock, and when people click on the ‘Join the waiting list’ button, they will instantly receive an email when the item is back on stock. 

May I know what are the steps to implement such strategy on Klaviyo? I reckon a pop-up is a must, for people to join the waiting list. But the in stock/ out of stock status is a tricky one, how does Klaviyo recognizes if an out-of-stock item is back in stock, and then trigger it to send out a dynamic email to the particular person who joined the waiting list? 

Would love to learn more from the experts! As I am relatively new to email marketing. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 16 May 2023, 15:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @stellapuivoon great question, thanks for posting in the Klaviyo Community.

Klaviyo has a pre-built Back In Stock Flow for just such an occasion. You have to add a little snippet of code to your Shopify store and then you can set the parameters - how much inventory has to be in to trigger the flow, how often the emails go out, if they go out all at once in batches or every time a product becomes back in stock. 

Here’s a little more about how Back in Stock flows work. Good luck setting up your flow!