Solved

Sunset Flow

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi everyone.

I have a question that’s been puzzling me for a little while now.

I have a client who has an decent sized email list and I’ve created a sunset flow to check whether those inactive subscribers still wanted to receive emails or if they wanted to unsubscribe.

Now my question is:

When you send this email out and a good bunch of people unsubscribe, does that not affect your email score and deliverability?

How can this flow be different from when someone just decides to unsubscribe from any other email?

I understand that those who don’t unsubscribe or interact with the email will be manually suppressed but for those who actually unsubscribe, surely this has an effect on your email reputation no?

Thanks for your help.

Jerome

icon

Best answer by Omar 6 March 2023, 18:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Jerome,

Welcome to the community and a very interesting question to ask.

We normally tend to go the other way around, making sure we can engage them again and if they don't we tag and suppress them in Klaviyo. So the action becomes rather take action to stay in the newsletter or else we will remove you. 

Klaviyo has more about this here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017518492-How-to-create-a-sunset-flow

As for your approach, the main thing which will happen if you start with your flow is that it will possibly trigger a lot of people at once, this might not be something you would like so I would suggest to tighten your filters in a way that it only triggers the last of the worse profiles.

Once that batch has gone through make it a bit wider and also include more recent profiles.

Or make the default action the opposite - click to stay active!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO