Solved

Test Email - correct subject line. wrong body copy

• 20 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Has anyone had the issue were the test email has the correct subject line, but the body of the email is incorrect?  I keep getting the email from the previous month in the body of the email I’m trying to send out.  The Subject line is correct for the current email but nothing else. 

Help. 

icon

Best answer by retention 21 December 2023, 10:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Jessica The Podcaster, welcome to the community!

Although the editor can sometimes be quirky, I’ve never found a situation where one template is showing the content of another.  I suspect you started your template by cloning from a prior template so here’s a few troubleshooting tips that I suspect might be happening:

Did you save the Text Block?

When editing a text block, make sure you click “Done” on the upper left corner, and “Save” on the upper right before you do a preview & test.  Sometimes there’s a slight delay between editing and saving and if you race to the Preview function, it might have not fully committed your changes. 

Logout and Log back in?

This happens on occasion, but if you’ve been logged into Klaviyo for a very long time, for example, leaving your Klaviyo tab open overnight and returning to it the next day, sometimes Klaviyo logs you out behind the scenes while you are still in your Template.  Then, any changes/updates you made didn’t “save” because you were technically logged out.  Before I start working on Templates, or on occasion, I refresh the page and make sure I’m still logged in (if you’ve been logged out, you’ll be presented with the login page).  This is sort of annoying thing that happens from time to time if you are like me and leave Klaviyo open all the time.

Do you have mobile or desktop only display options set for Text Blocks or Sections?

Do a quick check between “Desktop” and “Mobile” by using the tabs at the top. Blocks and Sections can be hidden/viewable between the two, so if you’re sending an test from your desktop, but looking at the email from your mobile phone, you may not realize that you had different blocks/sections that had specific display options. See here for more info:

Show/Hide Logic?

I doubt this is the case, but blocks and sections can have specific show/hide logic.  It’s possible that the text you’re expecting to see is hidden and/or the text you’re seeing was shown instead from some logic.  Double check the Show/Hide rules for each block to make sure there isn’t some rule or setting that’s hiding the content.

If none of those above fixed, perhaps you can do a screenshot of the text block’s settings or try recreating the template again to see if the problem persist. 

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@Jessica The Podcaster ,

Ugh, this sounds frustrating. I've heard of this happening to a couple of other people in the past. I know when the email itself would go out, it would be correct. You can try putting yourself in your own list and sending the campaign to that list to see if it is rendering correctly. I would also reach out to support on this one for sure!