Test email sometimes sending with template subject & preview text

• 17 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey all, I’ve tried to open a ticket about this issue but they’ve been unable to reproduce it so i figured I’d check with y’all and see if anyone else has experienced this. Normally when we send a test email from the campaign editor it arrives with the subject line and preview text of the campaign, (with [test]) and from the specified sender. However, in two of our accounts, and only when one particular user is doing it, they sometimes end up sending from “Klaviyo Preview Mailer” with the subject line “2023-03-03 11:36 TRI 5 Image Panels Preview” and with preview text pulled from the body of the email.

Has anyone else had this happen? Have any idea why it’s happening or figured out how to stop it?

Thanks,

Ben

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @hubbird 

I have had this issue, but it is too infrequent for me to contact support. Apart from being aware of it, it hasn’t caused any issues as subsequent test sends have been received as expected.

Hopefully knowing that others have experienced this issue will convince Klavio to investigate further.

Regards

Andy

Badge

Thanks @bluesnapper for sharing. The biggest issue for our use case is that we have a relatively large group of stakeholders who are viewing our test emails, and this prevents them from proofing or offering feedback on our subject lines & previews. I suppose it wouldn’t be too hard to build out some kind of separate system for this, but that seems like a bit of a bodge when it’s something the software is supposed to do.

Out of curiosity — do you manage multiple accounts in Klaviyo? What browser / OS?

I’m on MacBook Pro 13” 2019 running Sonoma 14.2.1 and using Chrome browser version 120.0.6099.234

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @hubbird 

Yes, I manage multiple accounts. I work with a DT on Chrome browser (Version 120.0.6099.217 ) on Win 11 64 (22621.3007).

I agree, you shouldn’t have to find a workaround. Unfortunately, intermittent bugs are difficult to pinpoint! Did you forward the preview email to Klaviyo support?

Regards

Andy