Skip to main content
Solved

Testing new welcome series flow with updated rules without interrupting existing contacts

• 27 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on creating a new welcome series flow in Klaviyo with updated email content and revised flow rules. My goal is to test this new content and rules against the existing live content. However, I'm not sure what the best approach is for setting up and migrating the flow to ensure that all contacts in the old flow complete their journey without interruption.

Can anyone advise on the best way to:

1. Test the new welcome series and rules while the old series is still live?
  2. Ensure that contacts currently in the old flow finish receiving their emails without any disruption?
  3. Would it make sense to simply reconfigure the existing flow by adding a new step and email, and then set up A/B tests at the level of the existing emails?

Any insights or detailed steps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Badge

Typically when AB testing you only want to test one variable at a time. For example start with testing the content.

• NEW content - Keep the rules the same and replace the content in the email series
  • Rules - Once a content winner is chosen do an AB test with the rules and filters you want to test

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Hi @MW2024 

Thank you for your post in the Klaviyo Community!

Echoing what @jasonb has suggested, A/B testing is best placed for this. I would re-enforce that you should make small, measurable changes. This is so you can truly measure the success of the changes you are implementing and they are getting the desired outcome. If you make a mass amount of changes, you will not know what changes truly had the successful impact (with success being the main theme).

It is also good to note that when you A/B test, these should be done over a good period of time, ie; 3 months to get a good measure. 

In terms of making sure your existing customer in the flow complete this out, as long as they continue to meet the criteria of your flow (conditions and triggers) they should see this through. 

Because you are talking about changing the flow/paths and also the content, I would suggest doing one then the other.

I hope this helps!

Kylie