Solved

Thank you email as transactional or first email of post purchase flow?

• 31 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello all!

I’m just starting to put together our post purchase flow. I have a couple of ideas for email 2 and 3 but I’m hung up on the first (thank you) email.  

I’m thinking of these two scenarios.

Make the Shopify order confirmation email really thought out in terms of a nice thank you message and start the post purchase email at email 2 (care instructions)

Or

Keep the Shopify order confirmation email really simple (We got your order!) and start the post purchase flow with a really thought out thank you email.  

The main pro to the first option is that people are almost guaranteed to see the thank you message because it’s in the Shopify Order confirmation email.

The main pro to the second option is that I would be able to see the Klaviyo analytics for the thank you email. 

Do you think the customer is likely to get irritated by receiving a formal thank you email 15 minutes after the order confirmation email? 

Thank you, 

-Chris

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 1 November 2022, 15:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Two emails within 15mins seems a bit much. But when in doubt, test it out. You could do an ab test to a random sample and observe open rates, click rates, and see if the email is effective? 

You can also design Shopify emails within the Klaviyo editor, then export the code from Klaviyo into Shopify to make a really good looking order confirmation email.