Skip to main content

The new text editors get in the way

• 29 May 2024
  • 6 replies

I wish Klaviyo would go back to the old text editing experience where the I could edit text in the flyout drawers. The new experience where the styling options popup above the text are constantly getting in the way of the text I am trying to edit.

I am confused how such a downgrade to the editing experience made it all the way to production. Does anybody prefer the new experience?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +25

Hi @RikM - thanks for bringing this feedback to the community! I was experiencing a similar frustration with the text formatting bar getting in my way and blocking text while building a campaign email yesterday. 

Community team - would you please help us route this feedback to the product team? @kaila.lawrence @Taylor Tarpley @chloe.strange @stephen.trumble 

Best,

Gabrielle

Badge +2

I do not like anything about the new text editor. It’s cumbersome in every way. Having to double click to edit, not being able to indent without adding a new block with padding or coding it in HTML, the tools are in the way, the color picker doesn’t show brand colors... It’s producing a lot of frustration.

Badge

I noticed when I logged in most recently that I now have a toolbar editing experience that is more like Google Docs :) It is much better than the experience that prompted me to make this post.

Thank you team Klaviyo and your army of community managers

cc: @kaila.lawrence @Taylor Tarpley @chloe.strange @stephen.trumble 

I dislike the new editor, too! My Grammarly extension is no longer showing up so I can catch typos, really frustrating. Any one know how to make this show up in the new area? Or how can I go back to the old editor on the side bar?

Community team - would you please help us route this feedback to the product team? @kaila.lawrence @Taylor Tarpley @chloe.strange @stephen.trumble 

The new Text Editor is a step backwards I feel. Laggy and unresponsive. 

Please go back to old editor or allow us to toggle to that mode.