Skip to main content
Solved

Timing between Browse and Cart abadoned

• 18 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have a question. What would be a good timing between the browse and abandoned cart flow? I did an abandoned browse flow today and now I don't quite know if these two flows overlap. 

Here is the filter of my abandoned browse flow

and here is the filfter of my abandoned cart flow

It would be nice if someone could help me. 

I wish you a great to day. 

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hey @Leon13055 you’re on the right path.

The time delays seem fine. Of course, if you see that the time people drop off your site is shorter than you can always adjust the time.

I would also add in filters to the Abandoned cart flow as well: 
Placed Order zero times since starting this flow AND Has not been in the flow in the last 7 days

You can also include “Added To Cart zero times since starting this flow” as well if you’re also creating an Added to cart flow.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

@Leon13055  The ideal timing for a browse abandonment flow depends on the brand and its audience, but some recommend sending a message within 2 to 4 hours after a customer leaves a website. 

With that being said, depending on the type of products/services offered, it may do best to add in more time.

For abandoned cart flow, you typically want to send more than one cart abandonment email. That is because the first email is the most effective, but a second and third email still create enough conversions to be worth the effort. The most popular abandoned email timing is to send: The first email after one hour.

Again take that recommendation lightly as the type of audience and products/services strongly dictate what timing would work the best.

Badge +2

@jocelyn8 What exactly is an Added to Cart Flow? Does it make sense to make one? 

Badge +2

@Leon13055  The ideal timing for a browse abandonment flow depends on the brand and its audience, but some recommend sending a message within 2 to 4 hours after a customer leaves a website. 

With that being said, depending on the type of products/services offered, it may do best to add in more time.

For abandoned cart flow, you typically want to send more than one cart abandonment email. That is because the first email is the most effective, but a second and third email still create enough conversions to be worth the effort. The most popular abandoned email timing is to send: The first email after one hour.

Again take that recommendation lightly as the type of audience and products/services strongly dictate what timing would work the best.

Thank you for your information. But actually I have another question. Should I turn on Smart Sending in the Browse and Cart Abadonment flow?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thank you for your information. But actually I have another question. Should I turn on Smart Sending in the Browse and Cart Abadonment flow?

Hey @Leon13055 
I wouldn’t recommend turning on smart sending for flow emails are relevant depending on where they are in the flow, its better to turn on smart sending for campaigns though and since we also have the filters “Has not been in the flow in the last X days” it will anyway won’t allow the profile to enter the flow again and again. Again all of this is just a suggestion and it all depends on the frequency at which you send out emails. So you can decide based on that.

I hope this helps,
Thanks,
Arpit