Solved

Timings between emails of Browse and Cart abandoned

• 26 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Does anybody know perfect timings for BA, CA, or AC flows, like when we send our first, then second, then third, and so on?

icon

Best answer by stam_marko 26 January 2024, 12:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

To my understanding, every list is unique; and so is their response to your communications.

Typically, I adjust the timing based on the duration a person has spent in the sales funnel and their demonstrated level of interest in making a purchase.

For instance, I schedule the first Checkout email to be sent between 30 minutes to 2 hours after the action. Following that, the Added to Cart email is timed for 2 to 5 hours later, and so on.

In order of ‘commitment’:

Checkout // Added to cart // Viewed Product // Active on Site

As far as the time between the emails, I’ve tested around 24 hours later and  12 hours later. We all have habits, so 23-24 hours later, I’m hoping that the person receiving the email is in a position to consider again checking out, or keep browsing the site.

Hope that makes sense,

P.S. Make sure to keep an eye on the deliverability stats, as we often tend to ‘annoy’ more than it’s needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Totally agree with @stam_marko here on the order of important there!

For some of the brands I work with with high volume of campaigns per week, I put the browse flow to a 1-day delay. If you have smart sending on your browse flow, subscriber gets a campaign, clicks to product, they’ll end up skipping that 1st browse email regardless so I find hitting them with that browse reminder next day gets the message in front of more high-intent users.