Solved

To use Klaviyo abandoned cart instead of the shopify email installed on shopify

• 5 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Im confused on whether to turn of send abandoned cart box in checkout settings on shopify in order for klaviyo to send abandoned carts or leave the box checked on shopify so klaviyo can send the email. I just dont wish to send two abandoned cart emails one from shopify and one from klaviyo

icon

Best answer by David To 19 January 2023, 22:52

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

You should switch off the Shopify Abandoned Cart emails if sending from Klaviyo.

Sean

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Here is a link where this question has been discussed;

Badge +1

Thanks I noticed that but that option is no longer on shopify its now a box that says automaticlly send emails instead of the option if you look at your you will see but is your turned off and is klaviyo sending your abandoned carts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @learning on the fly,

On top of the discussion shared by @SeanMcC, I would suggest taking a look at our How to disable notification emails sent by Shopify Help Center article along with Shopify’s own Recovering abandoned checkouts Help articles to find the correct setting. 

Essentially, if you disable the Automatically send abandoned checkout emails option, under Settings > Checkout you’ll have turned off those automated emails from Shopify.

If you plan on sending abandoned cart emails from Klaviyo, it’s best practice to disable the ones sent out from Shopify. This is to prevent both Shopify and Klaviyo both from sending the same type of emails to your customers. 

David

Hi, I use Klaviyo to send our abandoned cart emails instead of Shopify. However, I was wondering if it's possible to access Klaviyo abandoned cart details in our Shopify back office. Currently, when I check on Shopify under 'Orders' > 'Abandoned Cart,' all the email statuses are marked as 'Not Sent.' Nevertheless, some abandoned cart emails have been sent via Klaviyo and successfully converted. Is it possible to retrieve this information on Shopify, or is it only accessible through the Klaviyo account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Alienor 

Unfortunately this data is only available within your Klaviyo account as it is not something that is synced with Shopify.