Solved

transactional x marketing Email

• 5 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hey, 

i was wondering if it is possible to get the “Transactional” status for flow emails if there is one part of transactional information in it (e.g. shipping confirmation) and on the bottom on the email we link to our website to read sth about our company or to find some instructions about how to use the product? 

Some background to this question: We´ll have a third party integration to track our shipments better. This allows us to send shipping information and also content from e.g. post purchase flow better in time. What we where thinking of is to combine the topics like above mentioned so we can save a second email per day for the recipient. Since the transactional emails are very important to go to the customers also if they unsubscribed it will be necessary to have the “Transactional” status. Thats why i´m asking :)

icon

Best answer by retention 5 December 2022, 17:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @li.hoefle, welcome to the community!

My experience is that although it’s helpful to include “transactional” like information in marketing messages, it doesn’t necessarily make the message transactional - you can definitely submit it for Klaviyo’s review, but the intent of transactional messages as you identify is the ability to send emails to folks who are unsubscribed or not subscribed, for important information or updates - so any marketing messaging is not recommended as you’re likely not to be approved. 

From a customer’s point of view, there’s risk that these emails will be marked as Spam as they have no recourse to unsubscribe or stop getting what they seem are “marketing emails.”  This will ultimately only hurt your deliverability over time, so the extra “marketing “you squeeze in may only back fire in the long run.

Hope this helps!