Solved

Trigger an flow on specific Custom Event trigger that is a date

• 7 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hei guys I need your help again. 

The situation is this. I ve an app that wants to create an appointment between patient and doctors. 
My objective is to send an email on the same day appointment visit to the patient (and to the doctor) in order to remember them of the visit and the slot time. 
So I created this metric coming from a no code application (bubble) and brought throughout Zapier. 

Metric: Yes
Date visita final: event custom property - it represent the appointment date
Slot Final: event custom property - it represent the time slot

Here the example: 

Now, I want to trigger an email on the Date Visita Final custom event property but I am not able to do it. 

I have tried with a creation of a flow triggered by a metric - Can’t find the Date visita final 

I ve also tried to create a flow with data based property but also here I cannot find the Custom event property. I can only see the custom property related to users profiles. 

How should I do it? Is it the right process? 

icon

Best answer by David To 15 March 2023, 20:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Gb1996,

Have you tried using a date data type instead of text when setting up your trigger filter? Since it sounds like your Date Visita Final event property is being synced as a date type, you’ll need to designate it as such when creating filters. Hence why you’re seeing the Slot Final dimension in the dropdown. 

I would also recommend checking out How to create a date property-triggered flow Help Center article. As mentioned, you can only trigger a flow based on a specific date if it’s custom profile property. This means that you would not be able to trigger a date-based flow from an event property of a metric. 

In my experience, two potential solutions to this would be:

1. Leverage the Profiles endpoint to create these dates as custom profile properties in order to trigger a date-based flow
  2. Send a subsequent custom event for when you want a reminder to be sent out. I.E. sending a custom event such as “Reminder” 24 hours before the targeted date to trigger a metric triggered flow

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hei @David To  thank you for the answer and please to meet you. 

Hey @Gb1996,

Have you tried using a date data type instead of text when setting up your trigger filter? Since it sounds like your Date Visita Final event property is being synced as a date type, you’ll need to designate it as such when creating filters. Hence why you’re seeing the Slot Final dimension in the dropdown. 

Regarding this quote I ve: 
     Slot Final: is a text 
     Date Visita Final: this is a date data
The weird thing is that Klavyio recognize me the Date Visita Final if it is linked to a profile but it doesn’t when it is linked to the event. Hence, as you said, I understand that it’s not possible to use event property in order to trigger events. Is it correct? 

Regarding the solutions you propose me: 

Leverage the Profiles endpoint to create these dates as custom profile properties in order to trigger a date-based flow

I was thinking about that and I can do it easily with patients but unfortunately I don’t know how to leverage profile properties of the doctor. In the sense that, doctors do receive different visit appointments during the day. Hence, they will receive more Data Visita Final and more Slot Final. I am not sure how to add different raw of customer property with the same name (Data visita final or slot final). When i try to add these properties Klavyio directly update the old property with the new one. 

Send a subsequent custom event for when you want a reminder to be sent out. I.E. sending a custom event such as “Reminder” 24 hours before the targeted date to trigger a metric triggered flow

Mmm probably I was not able to understand it, really sorry. The fact is that I am not able to trigger a date event because Klavyio doesn’t recognize this date from the trigger. 

Hope it was clear and hope you could really help me :) 

Thank you for the pacient

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Gb1996,

That’s a great point surrounding the doctor aspect.

With that in mind, you may want to investigate using a scheduling tool that integrates with Klaviyo. A popular one that has a direct integration with Klaviyo is Eventbrite. You can also check out our Klaviyo Integration Directory to find other tools that can seamlessly connect with Klaviyo to achieve what you’re looking for. 

David