Trigger split based on shipping rate

• 29 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am building an abandoned cart flow and want customers who have our $15 Standard shipping selected to be part of a 50% sample, where half get a free shipping coupon.

I currently have the trigger split set as ShippingRate equals Standard. However none of my abandoned carts are going through this part of the flow successfully. Each end of the trigger split shows N/A under the analytics, even though we’ve had customers who’ve definitely met the criteria to go through the shipping trigger split.

How does the trigger split need to be set so that customers are sent through it properly?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @littleroots 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out for help with your flow!

I have a quick question for you, what integration are you using? Can you verify that the “shipping rate” is being passed into Klaviyo with the abandoned cart event data? While it may be passed in an “placed order” event, not all integrations pass the same abandoned cart data. 

Also, from reading your question, it also seems like you might want to A/B test a flow branch from a segment of customers who have “checkout started, w/ shipping rate equals standard”. This would allow you to grab the 50% you are looking to test the coupon with. 

Let me know how I can better answer your question!

Badge

We are through Shopify, and I can verify that all of our abandoned carts are passing through to this flow. There are many components to our abandoned cart flow, and just this section is having issues. 

At our ShippingRate trigger split, I can see that all of our customers are being sent down the “No” path, and none down the “Yes” path to the free shipping coupon. How do I need to set up the ShippingRate trigger split so that it functions correctly?

Badge

Sorry, I’m just rereading your response again. How can I verify that the Shipping Rate info from Shopify is being passed into Klaviyo?