Solved

Trigger splits in post purchase flow

• 3 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello!

My client needs to send specific use instructions when her clients buy her products. 

I was thinking to build a post-purchase flow with different triggers depending on what the clients buy. 

I was just wondering what happens when: 

• A client has 2 + different products in his order and then goes in 2 + different splits: would the client receive 2 + diffetent emails or only one email?
  • I specify that I don’t want to use dynamic blocs because the email will be too long. So I really need to use the trigger splits only.
  • Ideally, I want the clients to receive 2 emails if they buy 2 produtcs because the instructions for use are really different depending on the products.

Also, I am currently using the flow trigger “fulfilled order” for this post-purchase flow. Do I need to use the trigger “ordered product” instead? 

Thank you very much for your help! 

Ana.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 6 November 2023, 18:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Ana.Lew 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

• For your first senario, If you are using a trigger split in a flow, the customer is only going to go down 1 branch of the split and therefore only receive the emails in that branch. So they will only receive the one email.
  • The best way to achieve what you are trying to accomplish would be to use use the “ordered product”  with a trigger filter where the product name equals X. Then craft the instruction email for that specific product. This will allow a customer who has purchased more than one item to receive all the emails necessary for those products. 

Hope this helps!