Skip to main content
Solved

Trouble testing abandoned checkout flow

• 11 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello! I’m having issues testing out my new Abandoned Checkout flow that I set up. Here’s the set up I did, with the goal being that I can test it out myself before I turn off our Shopify flow and turn this Klaviyo flow on:

1. The trigger is filterd to “Checkout Started”, and also filtered to customers with my business’s email domain. Eg if my test email is “test@blahblah.com” then I have it set to filter only to profiles that have the email domain “blahblah.com” or contains “blahblah”
  2. Reduced trigger to only 4 min to test quickly
  3. Unchecked “skip recently emailed profiles” for the first abandoned checkout email.

I made a test account and started a checkout, and also subscribed to the email newsletter in the checkout flow.. I checked the profile for the test account on Klaviyo and confirmed the profile was created, and the “Checkout Started” event was triggered. So why didn’t I get the abandoned checkout email? I did get the “welcome” flow email, but not the abandoned checkout one. Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @JKJ 

In the filters, try using the Klavio property ‘Email’ instead of ‘Email Domain’ that you have used. Also this needs to be under ‘Profile filters’ and not ‘Trigger filters’.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,
Arpit Banjara