Solved

Typeform to Klaviyo welcome flow

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a typeform and I’ve connected it with Klaviyo and I’d like to somehow allow these users to enter the welcome flow.

I’ve seen the message in which it says these users can’t get into the welcome flow because they’re not subscribers.  I tried double opt in and that doesn’t work either.

Is there a way to make them subscribers and enable a flow on them?  Or any work arounds to do so?  I’m not against sending them a double opt or triple check to make sure they want to subscribe but I’m not sure how to set this up.

Otherwise what’s the point of allowing this integration if we can’t send them emails?

icon

Best answer by Omar 31 July 2023, 23:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @redcutgap,

We use Typeform regularly with customers and also to extend the preferences of subscribers. If you read the integration manual you'll see that you can subscribe people to a list, this is mentioned here:
https://www.typeform.com/help/a/sync-typeform-responses-and-send-out-typeforms-with-klaviyo-4417500739092/?tid=98de86b1-f17e-43dd-bc58-1b8e1c5ee5c2

This requires you to check the subscribe to list option under advanced settings in the integration tab

But with that said, typeform has no realtime synchronisation and only does so once or twice an hour. This means that you won't be able to send near real time emails to subscribers.

Another issue you will encounter is that, if you're triggering an email flow on the subscribe to list, and that email address is already subscribed it won't trigger a second time because the email address is already in the list, if that makes sense.

In such cases we do use Zapier to automate this. In short we do a lookup, if that person is already on the list, if not we add the profile to Klaviyo and send an event (you can trigger flows again and again based on events/metrics). If they're already known we just append the information we want and only send the event.

This does need you to go a bit more advanced but it's definitely possible to do.

Hope this helps!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

Omar’s response is not correct.

Both Klaviyo’s backend and Klaviyo’s support docs clearly indicate that customers from typeform are not “opt-in” subscribers to lists.

Message from backend:

Klaviyo’s support docs:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000107112

The only way I’ve been able to make this work is by using zapier to link data from typeform to klaviyo.  Customers will get the double-opt in email and be allowed to opt in.

As well, the syncing happens faster than klaviyo’s own forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @redcutgap

You're right in saying it doesn't trigger the welcome flow. However it does add the people to the list, We mainly use Zapier for this because of the other reasons mentioned but you could possibly do this by triggering a flow based on the filled in typeform event and use the webhook function in Klaviyo itself to subscribe someone to a list. I haven't tried this yet but I think this could work.

If subscribing to the list is an option in Typeform they can select then you could create a flow with conditional logic. The only thing is this would need some coding to configure the webhook correctly. The main issue you'll encounter is that it won't trigger the welcome flow immediately, which is why we normally opt for zapier because it's (near) realtime.

Something like this:

Hope this helps!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO