Solved

Un-suppressing profiles after a sunset flow

• 19 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hello! We just launched a sunset flow that asks customers if they still want to be on our list; it is sent to profiles who have been on the list for 180 days or more, but haven’t opened or clicked an email in the last 180 days. The email promises a coupon if they click the “Keep Me On The List” button. If they click the button, they are added to a segment, which triggers the coupon. So far, this process is working fine.

The sunset flow adds a profile property of Unengaged = Yes (this is a text field, not a Boolean) to any subscriber who has not opened or clicked the button within 10 days of receiving it. My plan was to suppress anyone with the Unengaged profile property. However, I'm not sure of the best way to make sure profiles are un-suppressed if they click the “Keep Me On The List” button AFTER the 10 days has passed.

My initial thought was to create a conditional split on the flow that triggers the coupon, so that if their profile has Unengaged = Yes, it is updated to Unengaged = ReSub. Then, I could un-suppress profiles where Unengaged = ReSub. But, they wouldn’t receive the coupon, unless I add a time delay of a day or more, to give me enough time to update their profile. This isn’t my favorite option, because I like the idea of them getting the coupon immediately.

Any ideas of a different/better way to make sure profiles are un-suppressed in a timely manner?

icon

Best answer by Hyper Scale Marketing 19 January 2023, 21:13

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hey Jess, 

A possible solution to un-suppressing profiles in a timely manner would be to use a combination of a segment and a trigger. First, create a segment for all subscribers who have clicked the "Keep Me On The List" button, regardless of whether they have the Unengaged = Yes property or not. Next, create a trigger that is activated when a subscriber is added to the segment. This trigger can be set to update the Unengaged property to Unengaged = No and remove the subscriber from any suppression lists. This way, as soon as a subscriber clicks the "Keep Me On The List" button, they will be un-suppressed and receive the coupon immediately.

Hope this helps 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Thanks for your reply, @Hyper Scale Marketing!
When you say, “create a trigger that is activated when a subscriber is added to the segment,” is that the same as a segment-triggered flow?
I have a draft of a flow based the segment of everyone who has clicked the button, and it includes an Update Profile Property that would change the Unengaged field. But, how does that action remove the subscriber from a suppression list?

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply, @Hyper Scale Marketing!
When you say, “create a trigger that is activated when a subscriber is added to the segment,” is that the same as a segment-triggered flow?
I have a draft of a flow based the segment of everyone who has clicked the button, and it includes an Update Profile Property that would change the Unengaged field. But, how does that action remove the subscriber from a suppression list?

Yes, creating a trigger that is activated when a subscriber is added to a segment is the same as a segment-triggered flow. Once you create a flow based on the segment of everyone who has clicked the "Keep Me On The List" button, you can include an Update Profile Property action to change the Unengaged field from "Yes" to "No".

To remove the subscriber from a suppression list, you can use a Remove from List action after the Update Profile Property action. This action will remove the subscriber from any suppression lists they may have been added to. It's important to note that the suppression list should be based on the Unengaged field and not on the segment, otherwise, the subscriber would be removed from the segment as well.

So, in summary, the flow can be:

1. Subscriber clicks the "Keep Me On The List" button
  2. Subscriber gets added to the segment "Clicked Keep Me On The List"
  3. The segment-triggered flow starts, with the following actions: a. Update Profile Property action that changes the Unengaged field from "Yes" to "No" b. Remove from List action that removes the subscriber from the suppression list based on Unengaged field.

This way, as soon as a subscriber clicks the "Keep Me On The List" button, they will be un-suppressed and receive the coupon immediately.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Thank you, @Hyper Scale Marketing, your most recent reply helped clarify some things!
My only problem now is that I don’t see a Remove from List action as an option on the flow. Here is a screen shot of what I see:

Also, I wonder if I was unclear in my original question - my plan was to upload those who had not opened or clicked to the Suppression List found under Profiles/Suppressed Profiles - this way they would automatically be excluded from future emails, and I would not have to create my own suppression list to exclude. However, I’m starting to think this isn’t the best option. :-)

Badge +3

Thank you, @Hyper Scale Marketing, your most recent reply helped clarify some things!
My only problem now is that I don’t see a Remove from List action as an option on the flow. Here is a screen shot of what I see:

I have the same question: where is the “remove from list” action?