Solved

Unable to send an email because of the following error: "The template you have selected contains invalid syntax"

• 17 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, I am traying to send a email to the list of clients however this message appears.

The template you have selected contains invalid syntax. Please click here to edit it. Any idea how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by David To 18 October 2021, 19:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Debora Dilkin,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

As that error message of “The template you have selected contains invalid syntax” suggests, this would indicate that there is a syntax error within your email template that must be resolved prior to sending. To resolve this and send your email off, I would suggest reviewing the elements of your template and locating and fixing the syntax error. 

From my experience a syntax error occurs due to minor spelling mistakes or a leading or trailing space that may be causing the issue. In addition, if you copied and pasted any codes or content from a third party source, this may also be the cause of the issue if the syntaxes being added do not align with Klaviyo syntax standards. To learn more about Klaviyo syntaxes and the Django standard Klaviyo follows, I would suggest taking a look at the following Help Center articles:

If you have further troubles, I would recommend reaching out to an email designer or a developer you are familiar with to see if they can help spot the syntax error causing the issue. Additionally, you can also finding a Klaviyo partner who can further assist you as well!

I hope this helps!

David