Solved

Update Profile with a certain property

• 18 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Depending on how a customer subscribes to our newsletter some don’t get prompted to select their person type when signing up. 

I’d like to automate this with a flow to email them so they can update their profile. 

Second step:

Those that select a specific person type would get a followup email asking to update=, Organization, Business Type. 

Is there a Flow suggestion to capture this sequence?

icon

Best answer by Dov 21 March 2022, 16:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ChefEquipment,

Thank you for sharing this question with us.

I’m going to run off the assumption that by “person type” you’re referring to a custom property reflected on the user profile when they fill out a specific sign-up form on your site (let me know if that’s incorrect).

If that is indeed the case, I recommend reviewing the various solutions outlined in my post below:

In a nutshell, you can set up your flow, and within one or more of the flow emails where you wish to update a property, include a button or a link prompting the user in the flow to click on that button or link. Once they do, that will automatically add or update an existing property on their profile. That would be the most streamlined solution.

For the second part of your question, you can re-use the above process with an extra step. First, create a segment defined are the following: Properties about someone > person type X = Y. Then create a segment-triggered flow using that segment as the trigger. That will target that specific group of users. Then repeat the above process of including an update property button or link in the emails in that segment-triggered flow to update those users’ properties.

I hope that’s helpful :)