Solved

Upsell Campaign for Baby Products

• 29 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Klaviyo team, 

I will need some advice on setting up the metrics for an upsell campaign for one of our mom & baby brand. 

The baby items that we are selling are categorized into various age groups. We plan to upsell our products according to diff baby age groups by creating an automated email flow. 

Below is the metrics I tried to create while setting up the flow. One thing I am not quite sure about it setting ‘Ordered Product’ as trigger, as I understand that one Ordered Product event is tracked for each item purchased. I wouldn’t want to send out too many emails to the same ppl who purchases three items in a single purchase event (as there will be one Placed Order event and three corresponding Ordered Product events recorded). 

Reason why I used ‘Ordered Product’ as the trigger is because it allows me to set up filters such as product ids, variant size etc. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 29 August 2022, 20:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @stellapuivoon,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Using Ordered Product in this scenario is perfectly fine. The most streamlined way to prevent bombarding people with too many emails is to add another flow filter separated by an “AND” criteria: "Has not been in this flow in X number of days" where "X," represents how long you want this user to “wait” before they’re eligible to enter the flow again based on ordering other product(s). Here’s the filter:
?name=inline-596251771.png

So let’s go with the “30 day” example from my screenshot. Say someone purchased 3 items in a single order (and thus recorded 3 Ordered Product events), they would only receive the emails in this flow once because of this filter. It would prevent the other 2 “queued-up” Ordered Product events from processing the user through the flow by “skipping” the user from those emails. This principle would continue to apply until the 30-day mark. Now, if the same user placed another order 35 days later, they would again be eligible to enter the flow - if they again had multiple items in their order, they would again only receive 1 copy of each email in the flow.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +3

Hey Dov! What if I do it another way instead? 

1. Create segment 

1. Create automated flow to upsell customers that belong to the above segment group with size range of (6 - 18 mths) after 6 mths. I do not want it to be too spammy as I realized if I used ‘Segment’ as a trigger, there’s no option for me to use flow filter [has not been in flow for xx days)

Say I am a previous purchaser who ordered 2 diff items (both items are of 0 - 6 mths range), once the flow is activated, will I receive 2 similar emails (due to the Ordered Product logic - being identified individually) ? This is the part where I am most concerned. 

Would be great if you can advise. 💡