Using Event Variables inside Flow Conditional Split?

• 31 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hey everyone,

Hoping I can get some help with this. I’ll do my best to describe my scenario as briefly as possible.

I have two events. Each of those events has some specific event properties listed in them. I’ll list those events and the metadata associated with them here …

Event 1: Book Assigned

Event Properties: ISBN, ReleaseDate

Event 2: Book Downloaded

Event Properties: ISBN

What I’m looking to setup is a flow that sends an email to the user when they have _not_ downloaded their book after a specific amount of time. The logic I’m looking to do for this looks something similar to this:

Flow Trigger → 

When a book assigned event has been executed and the ReleaseDate value is more than N days.

Conditional Split → 

If the user has an event called Book Downloaded and the ISBN value of that event is equal to the ISBN value of the Book Assigned event, then you can exit. Otherwise, send en email reminding the user to download their book.

However, I’ve not been able to find out if it’s possible to use the event variable from Event 1 inside of the conditional split trigger?

Is what I’m looking to do possible?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @bryanray 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

I am asking one of our flows experts for advice on your question. As soon as I have their feedback I will let you know!

Badge

I am asking one of our flows experts for advice on your question. As soon as I have their feedback I will let you know!

Thanks, @stephen.trumble. 🙏

Hopefully there is a solution for this. Still haven’t been able to find a way to do it. 😢

Badge

Happy Monday, @stephen.trumble ! Just wanted to check in here.

It doesn’t seem like using event variables inside the flow is possible. If that’s true, do you have any other ideas for how to make a flow like this possible?

Does what I’m looking to do make sense in general? It’s quite possible that I’m not thinking about the problem correctly.

any word on this? this is a game changer