Solved

Using Order Information Between Klaviyo Email Flows

• 13 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all,

I'm currently facing a challenge managing order information across different email flows for the same customer. For context I have 2 main flows. 

Flow 1) A primary order confirmation flow triggered when an order is placed. This captures and sends order details such as order value, ordered products, quantity etc.

Flow 2) A follow up Order tracking flow which is triggered once the order is shipped. This trigger is  ilinked to my 3pl provider Starshippit and includes information such us, tracking link, tracking number, delivery status etc. 

Below is a screenshot of the activity log and the trigger events for both flows mentioned above. As you can see they are within the same customer profile.

I want the ability to use the order information gathered from “Flow 1”, in the shipment tracking flow (Flow 2).

How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 14 February 2024, 11:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @AliceDjam 

Thanks for reaching out for help with this!

Only the data the exists within the metric triggered event can be used dynamically in a flow. If you are triggering the flow off of the StarShipIt data and you want to include product information within your shipment email, the captured “shipped” event needs to also contain product info of what has been shipped. Which from your image it doesn’t look like that information is passed within the event. However, you may be able to use the “Fulfilled Order” metric from WooCommerce, The “Fulfilled Order” metric is recorded when an order is marked as “Shipped” in Woo. I would just double check that all the necessary data is available with that as the trigger.

Hope this helps!