Solved

$value does't work in trigger filter

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’m having issue setting Trigger Filters in the Flows section of Klaviyo.

What does the $value mean here? I suppose it is the price of the product; however, I tried greater than, at most or even not equal to a number. None of them worked.

icon

Best answer by David To 16 February 2023, 17:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Billy ,

Can you tell me what type of flow you are trying to trigger? I have an abandoned cart flow that uses a filter of $value is greater than 0, so it doesn’t sent an email to someone who started a checkout, but then removed the items from their cart.
If you are looking to create a viewed item email, I don’t think you would need that $value, since they might not have anything in their cart.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @JessFosnough,

Great use case for that filter!

@Billy, oftentimes the $value data point would be indicative of the value of the event. For example, as @JessFosnough mentioned, with a Started Checkout event, the $value would indicate the overall cart value. But overall, it would vary depending on the metric it’s associated with. 

However, in your particular case, it may may simply be a placeholder since the standard viewed product metric doesn’t pass any $value data points. Unless this was a custom viewed product event; in which case you may want to discuss this further with your developer to see what defines this $value point. 

David

Badge +1

Thank you for your use case @JessFosnough and your explanation @David To.

Sorry I forgot to mention the type, which is Browse Abandonment. I tried to send an email to customers who browsed products over $50.