Skip to main content
Solved

Viewed product 0 times filter not working in my site abandonment flow

• 22 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Ive set up my site abandonment flow and set filters to take anyone thats viewed a product out of the flow yet when i look into things, the profile who enter the site abandonment flow and then go on to view a product/ add to cart or start checkout aren't removed from it. 

I can see this as it says that the site abandonment email is in “waiting” for the profile

Can anyone see if im doing something wrong ???

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @EcomEoin 

All flow filters are correct and they should remove profiles, however when the email that is in ‘waiting’ - will get skipped at the time of sending if the flow filter conditions are not matched. Klaviyo checks all the flow filters before sending. I would suggest you wait and see if they are getting skipped after the time delay(waiting) is over.

I hope this helps,

Thanks

Arpit

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

Hey @EcomEoin,

It’s expected behavior that the user will remain in “waiting” if there’s a time delay.

Once the user is set to receive the message, they’ll be evaluated based on the flow filters you’ve set to see if they are eligible to receive it. Based on what you described, I’d expect the user to be “Skipped” from receiving the message because they fail the “Viewed Product zero times since starting this flow” criteria.

The Profile Filters section in this Klaviyo help doc mentions the below:

“If someone is skipped due to failing profile filters, this person still move forward and be scheduled for the next step. We do not remove someone from a flow completely if they fail the flow's filters at a single step; contacts will continue to be scheduled for the next step. Due to the nature of some profile filters, if someone is skipped once, they will continue to be skipped for all subsequent steps.”

Hope that helps clear things up! Let me know if you have any questions on my reply there.

Cheers,
Bobby