Solved

We have "Back in stock" flow, do we also have "item* will soon run out!" flow?

• 11 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We have "Back in stock" flow, do we also have "item* will soon run out!" flow? It would be nice if a potential customer, preferably someone who added a specific item in their cart, will get email notifications if that item will soon run out so they can purchase right away. 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 23 February 2023, 23:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Vee001! Happy to help!

Yes, Klaviyo does have the capability to create a flow for "Item will soon run out!" You can create a segment for customers who have added a specific item to their cart and set up a flow to trigger an email notification to these customers when the item's stock level drops below a certain threshold.

Here's an example of how you can set this up in Klaviyo:

• Create a segment for customers who have added a specific item to their cart: To do this, go to the Segments tab, click on "Create Segment," and use the "Cart Item" condition to select the specific item you want to track.
  • Create a new flow: Go to the Flows tab, click on "Create Flow," and select "Trigger-based flow."
  • Set up the trigger: Choose the "Stock levels" trigger and select the specific item that you want to track. Set the stock level threshold that will trigger the email (e.g., 5 items remaining).
  • Create the email: Create an email that informs customers that the item they added to their cart is about to run out and encourages them to purchase it soon.
  • Add the segment to the flow: Add the segment you created in step 1 to the flow and make sure that the flow is enabled.
  • This flow will now send an email to customers who have added the specific item to their cart when the item's stock level drops below the threshold you set. This will give them the opportunity to purchase the item before it runs out.

Please note that in order for this flow to work, you will need to have the stock levels for your products properly set up in Shopify.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Is it possible to do this with WooCommerce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Lina ,

At this time, we are only able to help implement Back in Stock for Shopify and BigCommerce. A Back in Stock option for WooCommerce is a highly requested feature, and I've submitted your feedback to our Product Team so that we can hopefully offer this in future product developments.

While we don't offer this natively for WooCommerce, it's still possible to implement this for your site; however, it would be a custom set up that would require assistance from a developer. We do not assist in this implementation aside from being able to share some documents your developer can reference. 

Our Back In Stock feature works by sending an event metric into Klaviyo which triggers a flow. You would need to send the Variant ID, Product ID, and email address. All of this can be custom-built using our open API to work with your website. Here is the necessary documentation for that: How to Set up Custom Back in Stock.

I would also like to note, this would require setting up a custom catalog since WooCommerce’s standard catalog does not include inventory; meaning, Back in Stock cannot be implemented with the standard WooCommerce catalog. Our guide on setting up a Custom Catalog can be found here: Sync a Custom Catalog Feed to Klaviyo.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I am using a plugin for those back in stock emails at the moment so I thought it would be great to get rid of the plugin and do this with Klaviyo. As it is not possible at the moment, I’ll wait till your developers will solve this :)

Badge

Hi @Vee001! Happy to help!

Yes, Klaviyo does have the capability to create a flow for "Item will soon run out!" You can create a segment for customers who have added a specific item to their cart and set up a flow to trigger an email notification to these customers when the item's stock level drops below a certain threshold.

Here's an example of how you can set this up in Klaviyo:

• Create a segment for customers who have added a specific item to their cart: To do this, go to the Segments tab, click on "Create Segment," and use the "Cart Item" condition to select the specific item you want to track.
  • Create a new flow: Go to the Flows tab, click on "Create Flow," and select "Trigger-based flow."
  • Set up the trigger: Choose the "Stock levels" trigger and select the specific item that you want to track. Set the stock level threshold that will trigger the email (e.g., 5 items remaining).
  • Create the email: Create an email that informs customers that the item they added to their cart is about to run out and encourages them to purchase it soon.
  • Add the segment to the flow: Add the segment you created in step 1 to the flow and make sure that the flow is enabled.
  • This flow will now send an email to customers who have added the specific item to their cart when the item's stock level drops below the threshold you set. This will give them the opportunity to purchase the item before it runs out.

Please note that in order for this flow to work, you will need to have the stock levels for your products properly set up in Shopify.

Hi @Irrra , thanks for this detailed explanation. I’m not seeing “Stock Levels” as a trigger when I go to create a trigger based flow. Where would I find “Stock Levels” for a trigger?