Solved

Welcome series in draft mode but emails still triggering

• 23 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there, I’m doing an audit for one of my clients and the Welcome series is in draft mode but the emails are still triggering? Can you help me understand why? 

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 23 November 2022, 23:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @itdebJ

Thanks for sharing your question for us! 

If all the emails in the welcome flow have been put in draft mode then they shouldn’t be going out. Can you send a screenshot of the flow and the email the users are receiving?

Is the list connecting to your Flow set to double opt-in?  Could the message your users have received be the double opt-in for opting into your List? 

One last thing to check would be that there are no other accounts connected to your clients that have a welcome flow that is live and sending messages. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Thank you so much! It is set to a double opt-in but I think what is happening is they turned it off for BFCM and I just wasn’t aware. I will check with them. Do you suggest double opt-in for Welcome series or is that a barrier? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @itdebJ

To clarify, if your double opt-in is turned off and you’ve moved your List setting to single-opt in, that would entail your users not* receiving another message once they’ve signed up. This would mean this isn’t the source of your unwanted emails sending out. 

It is considered best practice to set your list up Double opt-in for your main list as it helps to minimize abuse and prevents the accumulation of invalid or mistyped emails and phone number. However, I have seen brands set to Single opt-in during BFCM then revert back to Double opt-in the rest of the year. 

-Taylor 

Thank you! Makes lots of sense, I have double opt-in activated.