Skip to main content
Solved

What are you doing? Subscriber Popup Discount vs Welcome Email discount

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi guys

Slightly confused which one to use here, all the advice I have read about Welcome flows suggests you should add a discount, but having already offered one on the subscriber popup we’d be doubling up. Just curious what everyone else is doing. tia :)

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @Scruffydoo  Marketing automation is all about testing. You will have to test which one works for you depending on your KPIs. 

Use A/B testing on the Signup forms to see where you get most value and keep that one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Scruffydoo 

Thank you for posting your question in the community.

I agree with @Maxbuzz it is all about testing to find the right marketing mix, but in this case, I couple of thoughts. 

A welcome flow is all about building that first time impression to new subscribers. For ecomm business, its common place to offer some sort of discount or gift for new subscribers to incentivize them to make their first purchase. 

If you are already delivering a coupon code via the popup, then offering a different coupon in the welcome email would be too much, but you could also deliver the same coupon from the popup in the welcome email. 

This would allow you to give your onsite users the coupon to use right away (via the popup), but if they don’t purchase, then you can remind them of the discount/coupon in the welcome email. 

Are you using a dynamic coupon or static coupon? 

If you are using a dynamic coupon, this will be saved to the profile so that you can add it to a welcome email as well.

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Badge

Hi @Scruffydoo 

you could also deliver the same coupon from the popup in the welcome email. 

This would allow you to give your onsite users the coupon to use right away (via the popup), but if they don’t purchase, then you can remind them of the discount/coupon in the welcome email. 

@In the Inbox

Thanks mate, I agree, I think I’ll put it in both and monitor it. Appreciate the help. 👍