Solved

What happens with the emails when I turn my welcome series to draft

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello!

I have a welcome series of 3 emails with a $100 off code. Email 1 they get right as they signup, Email 2 they get 2 days after, and email 3 is 4 days after. We have 3 sales a year and when we have our sales, i’ve created a separate welcome series that does not include this code.

When i set our “sale” version of the welcome series to live, i turn our original welcome series with the code to draft. My question is, what happens to people that are in the flow (and set to receive email 2 or 3). Do they drop out of the flow and not get the email at all? or will they get it when i turn the welcome series back on?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 6 February 2024, 11:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @LM0721 

It depends on the timing of your status changes.

When you switch all flow emails from live to draft, eligible contacts will stop entering the flow. However, any contacts who are already in the flow will progress as usual, even though all emails are now at draft status - they will just skip those emails and eventually exit.

So, if a contact is in the queue for email#2 and you change its status from live to draft, they will be skipped from email#2 at T + 2 days. if you switch it back to live before the scheduled send time it will be sent. Whether email #2 is sent or skipped, the contact will progress and enter the queue for email#3 at T + 4 days. Here again, the same situation as email#2 regarding draft v live.

Does that help?

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Gotcha! yeah - the sale period is usually 20+ days so it sounds like they would be fully dropped out of the flow.

I am thinking of adding a reinforcement/reminder email with the $100 off offer 120 Days after the initial email, so they would get that one since it would be turned back on in the 20 days?