Solved

When should I use the trigger filter 'placed order zero times since starting this flow'?

• 19 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I’m setting up a post purchase flow and have seen some examples include this filter while others have not. I’m just not sure on when or why I should use it.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 19 April 2023, 18:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Tanner 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post. Happy to help!

Using the trigger filter Has placed order zero times since starting this flow with the trigger Viewed Product or Add to Cart is most commonly used in browse abandonment and abandoned cart flow. This trigger filter is used to remove profiles from these flows who make a purchase so they don't receive an email asking the customer to complete a purchase they have already made.

For a post purchase flow, you would want to use a trigger like this example: 

This will capture your customers who have made a purchase to allow for follow up. The conditional split you see above will identify those who have made their first purchase with you (the YES path) and others who are repeat customers (the NO path).

Hope this helps answer your questions!

Badge +2

That makes much more sense, thank you!

Badge +2

@stephen.trumble for the “no” side of the split above, would it send that Post Purchase email every time a repeat customer places an order? I see how the “yes” side exits out of the flow after 1 purchase, but how about the “no” side? Should there be an additional filter on the no side? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @AmeyM 

You are correct, the way the flow is setup the customer will receive the “No” path email as many times as they make a purchase after their first. If you want to limit this, you can set up an addition conditional split in the “No”path dependant upon who you are trying to send too.