Solved

Where to use a filter in welcome series?

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hey klaviyo team.

As part of my welcome series (5 emails) I’m offering a static discount code for new customer who subscribe to my email list. I don’t want customers who use the code to counties and receive other email on that series.

Do I need to add the filter: placed order, where discount codes contains, zero times on the trigger setup alone or for each and every email in that series? 

icon

Best answer by David To 29 June 2021, 17:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Yoavshaf,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I noticed you also made a similar comment in another Community post on the same subject which I elaborated on as well:

Just to reiterate:

The filter of “What someone has done, Placed Order Zero times since starting this flow” would actually only need to be applied once as a flow filter. Because flow filters are evaluated at every step of the flow, you would not need to add this filter to every email in the flow. 

With this flow filter in place, customers who make a purchase at any point while going through the flow would be removed and considered skipped from the flow for failing this flow filter. 

You can learn more about using flow filters from the Flow Triggers and Filters article Klaviyo offers.

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +3

Hey David.

Another quick question to make sure. 
If I want to remove customers who purchases without using a discount code within the the same flow.

Should I “OR- use Placed Order zero times since starting this flow ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Yoavshaf,

It looks like your follow up question pertains to if you should use an “AND” or “OR” separator when creating and including your flow filters. This would highly depend on your goal and the flow filters you are creating. I would recommend taking a look at the AND vs. OR Guide Klaviyo offers to better understand which option would work best for you. 

Best,

David