Solved

Who got what email in my A/B Test?

Badge +1

We’ve run an A/B test and want to do a deep dive on the results as our actual metric for it’s success isn’t in Klaviyo meaning we need to compare to our data. But we can’t see which customers got which email, how can we export this?  All we need is literally:

email address   Email A/B

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 4 May 2023, 17:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @michalgarvey 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post! Happy to help with your A/B test. 

You can identify which customers received a certain variation of your A/B test by creating a segment. To create a segment on which profiles received which variation, please use the following condition:

• What Someone has done > Received Email > At least once, over all time > Where Message Variation > equals (VARIATION MESSAGE) see the following example for how this should look:

?name=image.png
You would then repeat this for the other variation in another segment. 

Hope this helps, and thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo community!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @michalgarvey I just wanted to add onto @stephen.trumble ‘s post - you can also use the unique campaign ID and post that for the message variation. You would do this by previewing separately each variation of your test, the grabbing the variation ID from the URL (I personally prefer to do it this way, esp. if I have sent multiple versions of the same campaign to different audiences). 

1. Click your campaign and head to the A/B results tab
  2. Click on the hamburger menu beside each variation to preview
  3. When it opens in a new tab, grab the variation ID from the URL
Badge +1

Thanks for your replies team! We’ve got what we were looking for.

It would be really helpful if you could see this from the A/B test or if you had the option to automatically create these segments as it felt quite cumbersome doing the above four times to get the downloads.