Solved

Why are my abandoned cart sequences not sending?

• 30 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

I have made my abandoned cart sequences “live” and I have tested this by adding something to my cart, going to the checkout page and putting in my email and shipping address, then once I get to the payment page of the checkout process, I leave. I have yet to get an abandoned cart email and I have tried this several several times. I have also read a bunch of different articles and watched videos too. It’s still not sending to my email.. can someone please help me? thank you! 

icon

Best answer by shoshana.antunes 2 April 2021, 21:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey @citiblush it sounds like you’ve covered a lot of groundwork with your troubleshooting! Depending on the time delay in your flow, you possibly haven’t received an email yet because the appropriate amount of time hasn’t passed. If this is the case, you’ll see yourself in the Waiting bucket of your flow’s analytics!

An extra step I like to take when troubleshooting a flow is to put the flow in manual mode and check to see if the email address I abandoned a checkout with queued properly. If your flow is triggering correctly, you’ll see yourself fall into the Needs Review bucket, which allows you to further investigate before manually selecting to send the email.

I also like to check my spam folder in case the email was sent but landed in spam instead of in my main inbox as a last resort!

Badge +2

Hi @shoshana.antunes thank you for responding so quickly. 

I have my delay time set for 20 minutes so I should’ve gotten the email by now.. I also checked my spam folder and it was not in there. I will try the other thing you suggested doing. 

Badge +2

Hi @shoshana.antunes my abandoned cart is still not sending. I have tried everything. Can you please help?

Badge +2

@shoshana.antunes my welcome series email is not sending either.. I’m at a total loss. Mailchimp was so much easier than this. Everything on my Klaviyo account is just not sending. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @citiblush,

We're so sorry to hear that this caused some frustration to your experience. It looks like someone from our team was able to help you out and get your Welcome series and your Abandoned Cart emails working.

Just to help others who might be experiencing an issue similar to this: when connecting an integration, like Shopify, to your account, you'll want to make sure that you're including all the necessary web tracking snippets (like Viewed Product) to your store so that the data can be properly collected. We have resources for how to integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce and others. Thanks!