Solved

Why are products not populating to abandoned cart emails?

• 8 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Abandoned cart emails are not populating with products or names.  The module used in the email should be the one provided from the Klaviyo template.  Can anyone please advise as to how to resolve this issue?  Photo shown below:

icon

Best answer by caroline 8 January 2021, 20:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

If you click on “Preview,” you should be able to see the raw data being sent to Klaviyo for this flow. Could you post a screenshot? That will help us to better diagnose the issue.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Is this what you mean above?  The other raw data from the sample instance when asking to preview is too long to include in a screenshot.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Can you show us what item.product.title corresponds to in the raw data?

Thanks,

Caroline

Badge +2

I think this is it -- let me know if I should be looking for something else. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is a little tricky to debug via forum messages, so I took a look at the flow in your account and adjusted the syntax for you.

Here are the changes I made:

#1.

Row Collection was set to “items” instead of “line_items”, which is what your payload uses (see screenshot below), so I changed it from event.extra.items to event.extra.line_items.

#2. The price field that was being pulled into your emails was item.product.price, while your payload structures the data as item.price -- so I corrected that syntax from item.product.price to item.price.

That should resolve the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Looks like it’s fixed! Thank you!  If I make these same changes to the Abandoned Cart #2 email, it should work, correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Yes, that’s correct.