Solved

Why do my campaign URLs say "trk.klclick.com"?

• 11 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

In a Campaign, we include external links different from our domain for webinars. When a recipient receives the email these urls are different! It seems like a redirection.

For example, we insert urls like attendee.gotowebinar.com/… and we receive email with urls like  trk.klclick.com/…

Do you know why it happens that? It causes an issue as these campaigns are blocked from many recipients’ email service. 

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 14 November 2020, 06:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @kate kos

Thanks for being a part of our Community and sharing this great question on campaigns and web tracking!

Klaviyo automatically tracks conversions for each campaign and flow sent, which allows you to analyze the performance of your owned marketing channels. You can check out more details on what conversion tracking entails with this article.

The trk.klclick.com domain is our shared click tracking domain. All accounts that has click tracking enabled will have email URLs wrapped by this trk.klclick.com domain. This is used to track the URL clickthrough on the email and attribute it back to a campaign or flow analytics.

If you’d like your click tracking to be more on brand instead of showing trk.klclick.com in your email links. or if you want to make sure your URLs are not getting called out by ad-block/privacy applications, I’d recommend setting up a dedicated click tracking domain. You can learn more details about this here, and there are also instructions on how to validate the records with our team. 

Best, 
-Cass. 

Badge

Hi !
We have the same problem with our emails, since 1 month. People with an adblock can’t open any link.

Klaviyo is “trying to find a solution” but nothing happens, the problem remains since 1 month… (they do not even talk about a refund...).
And this is really dangerous for our business… Do you have any solution, even temporary?

Thanks a lot…
Natacha

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @NatachaKelbongoo ,

Thanks for sharing to the Community. 

It would be the case the adblock programs would interfere with certain aspects. This is the case for not only Klaviyo, but the vast majority of other sites on the internet as well. The block you are referring to is only mainly related to Klaviyo shared click tracking domain klclick.com. As the main purpose of this domain is used to track users, adblock/privacy (i.e uBlock Origin) tools will flag the URL as malicious. If you know that every single case of adblock interferes with each link and you can share an example that would be helpful. As a workaround, the best thing to do is to set up a dedicated click tracking domain. You can refer to this guide here to walk you through how to set this up: Setting Up Dedicated Click Tracking.

As far as I know, I believe this is not in our refund policy and you can chat with our Support team for further details.

Thanks,

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Just to add to this thread, I recently setup dedicated click tracking domain for a client and kept running into some issues until we realized that we needed SSL setup as well.

it’s important to note that you should also setup SSL for the subdomain.  If not, some email clients like Outlook and others may inadvertently flag your emails as malicious or spam or worse as an “unsafe link.”  

You can learn more about this process here:

Hope that helps!

---

Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion