Solved

Why does my campaigns have placed orders but there was no click rate?

• 26 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi guys, 

I have an issue for one of my campaigns in May where there were open rates and placed orders, but the click rate was 0%? Is it a klaviyo issue?

Would appreciate if there is any assistance on this, thanks!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 26 July 2023, 13:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Darren C 

This is likely due to Klaviyo’s attribition window which is set to 5-days by default for emails (24hrs for SMS). More info here

So, even if your contacts open your email without clicking a link then purchase via another channel (social, direct, organic etc), Klaviyo will attribute those sales to your May campaign if the purchase occurs within the 5-day window.

Another consideration is that Klaviyo works on “last touch” for campaigns and flows. For example, if a contact receives and opens your May campaign then purchases by clicking on a link from another campaign email (or flow) that was received  prior to the May campaign, the May campaign will get the credit, as it was the last touch (the open) even though they didn’t click.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@Darren C,

Before giving an answer we might need some more information.

To how many people have you sent the campaign? How many opens did you have? Also was there anything clickable in the email itself? Did you test the links?

Unless you're sending to a handful of people this could be indeed a case of getting the email (maybe even the Apple privacy opens).

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO