Skip to main content
Solved

Why is my Abandoned Cart email duplicating the products?

• 9 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to create an abandoned cart flow, however, when I preview my email it duplicates the products (in the dynamic table). 

How can I fix this issue ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @I Are Revolution

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Yes, duplicating items in your abandon cart dynamic table can happen if there’s an incorrect addition to the code you insert when you’re building inserting the variable your table. For instance, if you’re adding the ‘0’ to any part of your code, it will call in the product details of the first item aka product 0 rather than pull in all product info (whether its 1 of various products) from the event data.

If you want to display the image of each item, you would have to structure the table block differently. Take the piece of code before the 0 in your event data and place it in the row collection section of the block below. This is explained further in step #4-5 in our Help Center documentation!  

Thanks for participation in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply @Taylor Tarpley 
I tried using the instructions in Step 4-5 but there’s no difference. 

Please see the attached screenshots, perhaps there’s something I need to fix. 
Screenshot 1: Shows the dynamic table
Screenshot 2: Shows my table settings 
Screenshot 3: Shows the preview of the email (and it is duplicating the same product instead of showing one at a time). Which is something I want to fix. 

Please tell me where to fix, from the above screenshots. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @I Are Revolution

Happy to offer more help here!

Yes, you’re still seeing the issue as your dynamic block still needs some tweaking! For instance, if your dynamic block repeat future is turned on, as shown in my image above, you wont need to put this also in the text block as well. Our help center’s article’s step #9  gives a helpful screenshot of what it should look like instead. I’d recommend perusing the documentation further as it will guide you through all the steps into completion!

Additionally, we created a helpful template series that will walk you through this even further!

Have a great weekend! 

-Taylor