Solved

Workflow for new Google Calendar bookings

• 14 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello All,

I am wanting to create a workflow for my private session bookings. There is already a two step process I have set up as follows:

1. Customer purchases a private session from my Shopify store.
  2. A workflow is triggered in Klaviyo that automatically send them an email with booking link to my Google Calendar.

NEXT SECTION IS WHERE I NEED HELP

1. A zap in Zapier is created once a new event is added to my Google Calendar that sends them to a list in Klaviyo called ‘Private Sessions’.
  2. Once they have been added to this list they get their booking confirmation email from me.

I don’t think this needs to be this complicated but I am new with workflows and its not working. As if someone is a repeat customer (which most of my clients are) steps 4 and 5 are not triggering as they are already in the ‘Private Sessions’.

Is there are way to make this work and a lot easier?

Thanks in advance,

Brooke

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 14 November 2022, 21:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @BrookeSK and welcome to the Community!

You can definitely use Zapier to connect your Google Calendar to Klaviyo. Here’s a fairly intuitive landing page for this connection, which explains how to add users to a list when they create an event in your calendar:

Zapier Google Calendar + Klaviyo

As far as the confirmation email, you could create a flow that’s triggered when someone is subscribed to “Private Sessions” via Zapier. This can be accomplished fairly quickly by navigating to Flows > Create Flow > Create From Scratch > Name Flow > Select Your List as Trigger:

Then, just drag an email block after the trigger and format it as desired, and make sure to turn the flow to Live via the Update Action Statuses button :

Lastly, you don’t need to worry about adding any extra logic or modifying the Zapier connection to avoid pestering repeat customers, as Klaviyo will recognize them and will not duplicate their profile in the list or send them the associated welcome flow email, so long as they aren’t using a different email than the one that’s recorded in their profile. 

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian