Skip to main content
Solved

Wrong activation of Klaviyo flow

• 3 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a problem with a Klaviyo flow. I have a physical store and an online store. I set up a parcel tracking flow; therefore, when I process an order on Shopify by entering the tracking number, the flow triggers and sends the tracking number to the customer. The problem is that this flow also activates when a customer makes a purchase in the physical store, and they sometimes receive an email with a tracking number even though they don't need it because they already bought in the store. I would like to activate this flow only for online orders and not for physical store purchases. Do you know how to do this? Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

To address the issue of your Klaviyo flow triggering for both online and physical store purchases, you can implement a solution that differentiates between these two types of orders. Here's how you can do this:

Step 1: Tagging Orders in Shopify
First, ensure that your orders are tagged correctly in Shopify. You can use tags to distinguish between online and physical store purchases.

Online Orders: These orders are typically tagged automatically by Shopify or your e-commerce platform.
Physical Store Orders: When processing an order in your physical store, add a specific tag such as "physical_store" or "in_store" to these orders.

Step 2: Creating a Segment in Klaviyo

Next, create a segment in Klaviyo that only includes customers who made online purchases.

1. Log in to Klaviyo
2. Navigate to Lists & Segments.
3. Create a new segment and name it something like "Online Orders Only".
4. Set the segment conditions to include only orders without the physical store tag. For example:
   - "Shopify Order" > "Has Placed Order" > "At least once" AND
   - "Shopify Order" > "Tag" > "does not contain" > "physical_store" (or the tag you used).

Step 3: Modifying the Flow in Klaviyo
Now, modify your existing parcel tracking flow to only trigger for this segment.

1. Navigate to your existing parcel tracking flow.
2. Click on the Trigger to edit it.
3. Add a Flow Filter:
   - Select "Properties about someone" > "Is in segment" > "Online Orders Only".

This filter ensures that the flow will only trigger for customers in the "Online Orders Only" segment, thus excluding physical store purchases.

Step 4: Testing
Before fully implementing, test the flow to ensure it's working as expected.

1. Place a test order online and verify that the flow triggers and sends the tracking email.
2. Process a test order in the physical store with the tag and ensure that the flow does not trigger.

By tagging orders appropriately in Shopify and creating a segment in Klaviyo that includes only online purchases, you can ensure that your parcel tracking flow triggers only for online orders. This way, customers who make purchases in your physical store will not receive unnecessary tracking emails.