Solved

Zoom customer support?

• 15 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello! 

I’ve been playing around with Klaviyo for a week now and I really need to set this up right

We’re a non-ecommerce service that has various segments such as driver, rider, both, verified status, onboarded status, etc. and I’m creating our activation flows to engage our users from the moment they sign up to the moment they book a trip/riders.

It feels unnatural using Klaviyo across 3 different user types because along the flow of verification they go from signed up → assigning themselves a user type → onboarding.

Is there any way to hop on a call with customer support for an hour or so to go over our business needs? I’d love to share my screen to show what we’re doing.

icon

Best answer by retention 15 February 2023, 21:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey @TheCarpoolKing, welcome back to the community!

Looking at a few of your recent questions from your migration from SendGrid, it seems like you’re heading in the right direction in terms of a custom implementation of Klaviyo.  Though Klaviyo is typically built for the conventional ecommerce platforms, I’ve seen it used in many unique scenarios on top of custom/bespoke infrastructure stacks.  

The key here is to really plan out the various ways to pass Klaviyo data that can then trigger the Flow/emails that you want it to send.  Data in Klaviyo is broadly grouped into two areas, Custom Profile Properties and Behavior or Events based Data (typically for any actions that you want to log in a time series).  For example, your “User Type” of driver, rider, or both, probably is best fitted in a Custom Profile Property (e.g. userType = driver), but also an action such as “Selected Driver Type” to trigger a Flow whenever the user type is selected (or possibly changed, example going from a Rider to a now both a Driver and Rider).  Each of those verification and onboarding actions along your journey can be a different “action” that is passed into Klaviyo as an Event with relevant event properties.

If you plan out how you pass data to Klaviyo, you’re on the right track and I’ve seen Klaviyo address just about any custom, headless, bespoke infrastructure - in your case, for all 3 different user types.  You can then take advantage of all the Klaviyo features like A/B Testing, Conditional or Logic based Flow Paths, and reporting and analytics.  Even in a conventional ecommerce merchant, there are many user types as well - the various audience types, different segments of audiences, and customer types ( wholesalers, influencers, etc) so having multiple user types is inherent and part of Klaviyo’s segmentation capabilities.  A mature Klaviyo account that has been well optimized will typically consist of different Campaigns and Flows dedicated to various audiences across the board to better personalize and build unique experiences.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So is it possible to have members go from one flow into another as they take actions? I’m guessing our flow pass through of data from our system into Klaviyos will have to be on 24/7.

For example, Johnny signs up and doesn’t onboard. We want to nudge him to onboard and have reminder emails set up 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, and 1 week in case he continues to not onboard. After the second reminder he onboards and chooses Driver as his user type. Now we send him his Thanks for onboarding email and put him into this tailored 5 email flow for drivers to get them educated about our service.

Will I have to make one singular flow that is gigantic and duplicate and edit to another user type?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @TheCarpoolKing ,

I think best course of action would be to have one Flow that is utilized for onboarding reminders and tagging customers into different user types. From there, I would create separate flows per user type with those 5 emails you are mentioning so you do not have one giant flow full of conditional statements.