Solved

Back In Stock Notification for only one Shopify Location

• 17 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

We have back in stock notifications set up with our Shopify store but we have multiple store locations where inventory is tracked. 

We have an Online store (where online orders are fulfilled) and a retail store where inventory is separated for retail. 

I noticed that when we marked a product in stock at our retail location (that we didn’t want to restock at our online location) a customer was alerted. (They went to the product page and it was still listed as sold out). 

Is there a way I can only alert people when something is restocked at our online store location. I imagine this can be a dynamic event variable on the product detail in the code. 

For example, similar to variant URL (below) there could be one for “Location”.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Variant URL

{% catalog event.VariantId integration='shopify' %}{{ catalog_item.url }}?variant={{ catalog_item.variant.id }}{% endcatalog %}

icon

Best answer by Dov 17 September 2021, 16:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello @Nikki,

At this time, Klaviyo does not offer the ability to differentiate between locations when using Klaviyo's pre-built Back in Stock option for Shopify. The only way to achieve this would be to create two separate Klaviyo accounts (one for the physical store and one for retail store) and connect a unique Shopify URL (store) to each Klaviyo account and run each independently with their own respective Back in Stock flows.

That said, the ability for Klaviyo to distinguish between location-based inventory for Back in Stock is a previously requested feature and I have added your insight to our existing feature request.

We appreciate your patience and understanding with the current limitations. In the meantime, as another alternative, you can consider incorporating elements of the custom Back in Stock abilities outlined here: Shopify Back in Stock for Developers. If you’d like assistance with this, I recommend reaching out to one of our partners.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Badge

Okay, great! 

Thank you!