Solved

Button link with specific product direct to checkout

• 30 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Klaviyo Fam,

1. I’m setting up the Replenishment flow, with the trigger of specific product in each email. I’d like to add a button that direct to checkout page with a specific product. Is this possible?

​​​​​​​2.And then I’m having trouble with the button links because when I update the templates for the specific product ( e.g CREAMER), the other templates are updating the button links with the creamer links as well. It doesn't direct to the correct product.

Thanks for helping me Fam. 

icon

Best answer by David To 1 July 2022, 20:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @thepowerofcopy,

Unlike an abandoned cart flow triggered by a Started Checkout event which passes a checkout URL and rebuilds the cart from the saved session; a replenishment flow is typically triggered by a Placed Order event which would not contain this similar information. However, @retention recently did bring up a great workaround for a similar topic through the use of Shopify’s Cart Permalinks. Keep in mind that this solution would be highly custom and we would advise working with your developer to impliment. You can find Joe’s (Retention) comment in the Community post I’ve included below:

For your second point, I would suggest checking to see if perhaps you were using a universal saved block/universal content within your template. Universal content is a great feature that when changes are made to a certain section or block in one template, the changes are reflected in all emails using that template. 

I hope this helps!

David