I set up a campaign for a client utilizing a free Countdown Mail countdown timer recommended by Klaviyo here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000780232-How-to-Add-a-Countdown-Timer-to-Your-Emails-and-Signup-Forms
I added the timer as an Image Block per the instructions. On Friday, the countdown timer was working just fine when we previewed and was counting down accurately per the parameters we set for the sale ending tonight.
The email went out and it appears that the countdown timer is stuck looping on the time frame of when it was sent out as a preview. When looking at CountDown Mail today - the timer looks accurate.
Does anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences here? Anything I can do in the future to ensure this doesn’t happen again?
Best answer by Dov
Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.
I noticed that a member of our support staff was troubleshooting this issue for you. Once a solution has been reached, I will close the loop with some context for other community members who may be interested in the solution .
**EDIT: to close the loop on this. As per the instructions in the guide we can see that every time the email is refreshed the timer counts down from the beginning again - like a gif - which is what we would expect. From the help centre article: “When using these as image blocks, however, the countdown timer will not be exact and will function more similarly to a gif countdown timer”.
To ensure that the timer counts down to 0, you would need to use the second functionality listed in the help doc, adding the timer to a text block's source code.
Thanks and I hope this is helpful.