Solved

How can I Edit/Translate the default unsubscribe footer in plain text emails that are sent by flows?

• 30 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I created a site abandonment flow so that emails are sent to our clients, we are targeting a Spanish speaking audience. Could you help us on what steps we need to follow to translate the default footer sent by Klaviyo.

We hope you can help us on how to translate the given footer.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 3 October 2022, 20:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @KitchenCenter

Welcome to the Community! 

In order to ensure that every part of your message is in Spanish, you can change your List’s language preference in the List setting’s tab, shown below! 

Additionally, it seems like another Community user asked a similar question in this thread that I’d suggest checking out to gain more insight! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi there @KitchenCenter

Welcome to the Community! 

In order to ensure that every part of your message is in Spanish, you can change your List’s language preference in the List setting’s tab, shown below! 

Additionally, it seems like another Community user asked a similar question in this thread that I’d suggest checking out to gain more insight! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Hello dear Taylor, I have already done the translation for the emails that arrive through the lists and segments, my doubt was in the flow section. I enclose an image of the flow we have, when sending this email is when the footer arrives in English. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there!

Thanks for the further clarification!

To change the dynamic unsubscribe link in email content, you can use the following code to have the link show in whatever language you want -  {% unsubscribe 'translation here' %} , our documentation on changing variable tags and syntax in emails wil give you further insight! So for instance, if you’re using Apanish: 

{% unsubscribe '¿Ya no quieres recibir correos electrónicos de nosotros? Anular la suscripción.' %}

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi there!

Thanks for the further clarification!

To change the dynamic unsubscribe link in email content, you can use the following code to have the link show in whatever language you want -  {% unsubscribe 'translation here' %} , our documentation on changing variable tags and syntax in emails wil give you further insight! So for instance, if you’re using Apanish: 

{% unsubscribe '¿Ya no quieres recibir correos electrónicos de nosotros? Anular la suscripción.' %}

Hope this helps!

Dear Taylor, thanks for answering again, I understand that to change the footer I have to place a label on it, but my question is more about how I can create a text block to be able to place the label on it. When I click to edit my email, it does not allow me to modify the footer and only the body of the email appears. I attach images.

In the second image you can see how it only allows me to modify the email or is it that perhaps under the body I can place the text with the label to edit the footer.

Sorry for so many questions, I hope you are well. Best regards!!