Solved

Feature Request: Allow Subscribers to Trigger Flows More than Once

• 15 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Override limit of only sending segment triggered flows to same subscriber once on a flow-by-flow basis. In some cases I want the subscriber to go to the flow each time just like they do with metrics.

Example:

• When someone reaches a rewards points threshold
  • If I’m giving away a PDF download and they forget they already signed up for it
icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 June 2022, 23:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Jessica eCommerce Badassery

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for voicing your feedback with us! I’d love to point out ,however, that there are some ways available presently to accomplish your requests. For instance, there are integrations, such as Swell ,that uses a similar this method of passing rewards information as a metric to be triggered repeatedly. I would recommend checking them out to see if you’d be interested in what they have to offer as this would accomplish what you wish could be done in Segment-triggered Flows. For instance, another Community user used the Smile integration and it was suggested  to utilize conditional splits  so a user could get trigger the flow repeatedly yet received unique messages depending on what point threshold they reached.

It should be noted that the reason Segment and List-triggered flow are designed to only only have subscribers go through the flow experience one time, instead of muliptle, to prevent users who may have accidentally signed-up a second time from receiving the email. I.E. they are already a subscriber but then subscribed again via the checkout page meaning they'll receive duplicate emails from the same flow again.

However, if you don’t find any reward integrations that accomplish exactly what you want, you can can create custom metrics for each of your suggestions so that a user could be queued for the flow multiple times. You could create a custom metric connected to a button on your website that would pressed, ie. a user wants to download your PDF, they trigger a metric that would qualify them for a flow and then receive the PDF, even if they had already received it. While custom coding can be tricky, and neither Support nor Community can help troubleshoot any issues you might have, I would reach out to one of our awesome Klaviyo partners to help set this up for you if you!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Thanks for your thorough response @Taylor Tarpley 

I actually am a partner, but the clients I work with are smaller businesses and it doesn’t make sense to have custom metrics + integrations that they don’t have the capacity to keep up with as things change, break, etc.

I understand why they do that and appreciate it - but would like the option to override just for specific flows so I have control. These are typically triggered by segments that are based on hidden profile properties passed through forms. 

I swear when I started using the platform 6 or 7 years ago it had a subscribed to list metric (that I believe triggered more than once) but at some point that was taken away. 

I’ll reach out to the most common rewards program the majority of people use to see if they can update the integration on their end because currently it only sends over total points and referral links as profile properties, not a metric when rewards are available. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Jessica eCommerce Badassery

Thanks for the clarification, that helps me understand the goal of your request more! 

Have a great day! 

-Taylor