Solved

How does Klaviyo track spam complaints: by average or by total complaints?

• 15 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I noticed a big spike in spam complaint rate for one of my clients. Upon investigation, I determined that the high spam complaint rate was due to 1 person in 1 flow email that didn’t have a lot of recipients, thus, the “average” spam complaint rate was very high for that week. 

I’m wondering if the high average spam complaint rate will negatively impact deliverability, even though in reality it was only 1 subscriber. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 16 August 2022, 15:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @KatherineB,

Thank you for sharing this question with us.

The short answer here is a single spam complaint (though it’s not good for your sending reputation) will not have a significant negative impact on your sending reputation. Since this particular flow email has a relatively small sample size and the ideal spam complaint rate is less than 0.05%, the number may seem high but I wouldn’t worry about it unless the spam complaints continue to grow. I recommend reviewing the following article for some tips and tricks on keeping spam complaint rates under control for your client. If you’re following those principles, and as more users receive this email, the spam complaint rate will decrease.

I hope that’s helpful.