Solved

trk.klclick1.com/ - Klaviyo Issue with email campaign

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’d like to know why all of a sudden every single link in our eDm’s that are sent out to thousands of customers display this URL:

http://trk.klclick1.com/ls/click?upn=tVdPD2dd0mGUDKwJtyrkDPy0om78ILtyaLspOF-2Br9yq4SPgiPC8C-2Bpecq7rSeLmx5K7n6feLTk4TYs65dBs6Ha57W0HVwx9DfDYyOR6Iq0RUymmL8A2RqAyD-2F2JJ-2Bdy-2BtXNS-2BB4trwIMgNpHSnLlIzkAE9MDbYr60U8whHTB3XRluDxe-2BDkOFGwQd8XSy53Bn8-2Bx6PW2Dra64zTxdLpIdr3Y4s0etg4HyuPHd3TFh5RyggfMmwd6ldsPBsR5FXZlg6VI5JJW-2B-2FW-2Fq-2B2fU7jywS3UV2pw03dh1GN-2FL0l9gboegUbQ7MfQ81A9TUagl9pBlFJiAeB4kQ8xw6EokZSejg41P22aHRWKlEB81vydWrXqnyQh7dMptif9rojzoJtU-2FQ8dNM8NaJuLxcLEIPz5cw-3D-3DCHoi_Dsw5IMBLRdmE83rEsMKbTnu-2BqwBGhmACcv55MiFLvziGV-2BASxAcjUXn9ve7cYwB9-2BmfU91AssqxlYc515leaxEYqvOcAI13kfw2yhrrUQWP15UWYqXzaIkJNnX9GkDClXIVFmeXgC4zDowIfKP5UZZIt65E-2BH0SV0yojloyLZONa4g-2FtgtymdxdKfPHlYpeMrlMtO7EKHDguNTzY4GsK2X-2F-2Frwct7USFUJ4YQE0goVcpyIj-2Fo40UD0FsP97MyMyqL7Cqid5fAxxEpYtK33puNMVSUbeMWT9Yni-2BrpY-2BGpGR7bZ8JyPj3-2BbM3-2BqXhyoxomf5uIVKtKmyZ9MMZ-2FBmHhxB5Rh0pxqGMcMOpqg0ETVoBt-2FSMp3OQYK1Cc-2BkCeBpU-2Ft6ZpDicyVhsjGgyihI3tQ-3D-3D

It seems that none of our customer are reaching our website due to this issue. We can see that click-rates are moving, yet unsure as to whether they are reaching our website our a dead URL. It seems to work on mobile/cell phone, yet not via outlook or other email services. This was only discovered a day or two ago and is a detriment to our business and click through rates. 

I’ve searched for this on the Klaviyo forum, however there’s no explanation as to why it happens and how to solve the issue. 

Can the Klaviyo team please assist.

icon

Best answer by David To 29 September 2021, 15:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @p.simo90,

Great question!

You’ll typically see emails sent out from Klaviyo encoded with the URL prefixing https://trk.klclick1.com/ for click tracking purposes. This allows Klaviyo to record when a link in an email is clicked to account for the email’s click through rate as well as tie the click back to any campaign or flow analytics. Although this wrapper encodes your desired URL, it should not hinder recipients from reaching your desired website URL. 

In the instance this encoding is preventing contact from reaching your URL, this is typically prevented by either ad-blockers/privacy applications your recipients are using. This may also extend to your inbox provider’s filters and security it has in place for it. To allow this click tracking encoding to be more on-brand, you can set up and use your own dedicated click tracking as explained in the How to Set Up Dedicated Click Tracking Help Center article. 

I would also suggest taking a look at the following Community post that also touch upon this subject below:

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@p.simo90 For what it’s worth, that link you pasted above took me here:

https://jh.market/40w-led-panel-5000k-1195x295-free-plug-base-dimmers-bundle.html?utm_source=%40JH.STAFF%20V2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FREE%20Dimmer%20x%202%20%2B%20Plug%20Base%20x%2010%20-%20With%20Box%20of%2010%20Panel%20Lights&_kx=bQRdvd9f6Oy3rz4QBanEo1wqjNgVPGmyDVao_bhMg_A%3D.PLNs8B

So I think @david.to comment about it being blocked on certain email clients might be relevant here.  If you setup dedicated click tracking, it’ll use your own domain which should keep it from being blocked.

Badge +2

Hello @p.simo90,

Great question!

You’ll typically see emails sent out from Klaviyo encoded with the URL prefixing https://trk.klclick1.com/ for click tracking purposes. This allows Klaviyo to record when a link in an email is clicked to account for the email’s click through rate as well as tie the click back to any campaign or flow analytics. Although this wrapper encodes your desired URL, it should not hinder recipients from reaching your desired website URL. 

In the instance this encoding is preventing contact from reaching your URL, this is typically prevented by either ad-blockers/privacy applications your recipients are using. This may also extend to your inbox provider’s filters and security it has in place for it. To allow this click tracking encoding to be more on-brand, you can set up and use your own dedicated click tracking as explained in the How to Set Up Dedicated Click Tracking Help Center article. 

I would also suggest taking a look at the following Community post that also touch upon this subject below:

I hope this helps!

David

Thanks for the support David. We have set up a dedicated click tracking via DNS and also a SSL. Is there any way of checking to see if these changes have been properly implemented or can we test this on our end?