Solved

Adding a secondary address line event variable to a Klaviyo Order Confirmation email

• 9 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

We've received feedback from our customers saying that they are not seeing the second line of their address on their order confirmation email, so if they input an apartment number, or a suite, it’s not showing up, making them think that it will be delivered to the wrong place. Could someone help me by replying with how to add the correct properties to the confirmation email? This will help put our customers at ease! 

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like right now. 

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Dov 10 August 2021, 15:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @melissaK,

Thank you for sharing this information with the Klaviyo Community.

If you include the following tag the email will populate the secondary address line:

{{ event.extra.billing_address.address2 }}

You can always verify which tags are available to be pulled into the email by using the Preview button on the left-hand side of the template editor, and searching through the event-data. This is an important concept you can fall back on anytime you are looking to pull in a specific tag into an email triggered off of an event (metric) i.e. Placed Order. I recommend reading through the thread below for more detailed information on this process. I also recommend reviewing  our article: Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows.

Thanks for being a member of our Community!

Badge +2

Thank you so much, that worked! I appreciate your help!