Solved

Am I able to iterate through a list of static coupon codes instead of generating a dynamic code?

• 22 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am partnering with a different company that does not use Shopify for hosting and they will be providing me with a CSV list of coupon codes for a product on their store. I plan on importing these codes to my store and linking them to some test product, just so that I have them ready to send to customers.

On my store, I have a product with two variants, A and B. When a customer purchases product variant A I would like to send them a coupon code for the company I am partnering with. However, I need to send a unique code every time product variant is purchased, and using a dynamic code would defeat the purpose since I need to pull from this list of pre-made codes from the other company.

I have some coding experience, however I am totally new to Klaviyo and have only found resources for generating dynamic discount codes here. If there is another solution to this use-case I would be happy to hear!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 28 December 2023, 23:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @roarLittleLions

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Let me circle back with our Coupon squad and share an update when I have it! 

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge

Hi @roarLittleLions

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Let me circle back with our Coupon squad and share an update when I have it! 

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Thank you Taylor. I figured out that I can import a CSV of discount codes using the uploaded coupons section. I’ve created a workflow to send an email after the variant A is purchased and use that uploaded coupons to iterate through the coupon codes.

I have only tested this with some test product, hopefully this is the correct way to go about this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @roarLittleLions 

Yes, that’s the correct approach! I do this with WooC client. I upload unique codes generated outside of Klaviyo and import them into Klaviyo and WooC so they are in sync.

The only consideration with this approach compared to Klaviyo/Shopify generated dynamic codes is that they need to be replenished manually; otherwise, the flow emails where those codes are inserted stop sending when the codes are exhausted.

Regards

Andy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @roarLittleLions

Great job so far and thanks @bluesnapper for your insight!

Yes, essentially grab the codes from your partner company and upload them to Klaviyo. To ensure you only send this coupon to variant A, which isn’t your product, I’d suggest using a Trigger split to see which variant was purchased. You call the dynamic code in an email  by inputting {% coupon_code 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %} into the flow email, and it will assign the customer one of the uploaded coupons. So you will be all set!

It should also be noted that the expiration you set in Klaviyo for the uploaded codes is when they expire in Klaviyo* alone. This expiration date in Klaviyo does not impact the actual expiration of the uploaded codes which would be set outside of Klaviyo.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor