Solved

Assistance setting up welcome email campaign

• 1 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m brand new to Klaviyo and I have a Shopify coming soon page that captures email subscribers which i want to trigger a welcome email contains a 10%  coupon code.

I’m a little confused how to set this up and test it and have some questions:

1. I have 16 subscribers so far and they are showing under Audience > Profiles however only 2 of these subscribers are showing inside my ‘Newsletter’ list - why is this and how do i put all of them in there?
  2. I have created a welcome email template which means the 10% discount but how does the actual code get added to this welcome email. Do i need to put it as text in the template (if so where do i find the code?) or is it somehow pulled into the template automatically? I’m not really sure how this part works.
  3. How to I link this particular template and my welcome discount to my new newsletter subscribers list? I have set all these 3 things up can I cannot work out how to associate them all.

Any help, guidance and  links that are specific for my use case would be really helpful :-)
icon

Best answer by Kylie W 2 January 2024, 02:01

View original

2 replies

Badge

You're new to Klaviyo and have questions about setting up a welcome email with a 10% discount for your Shopify coming soon page subscribers. Here's the gist:

1. Subscribers: You have 16 subscribers in Profiles, but only 2 in your 'Newsletter' list. This is normal because Profiles includes all interactions, while Lists segment contacts based on specific criteria.

2. Coupon Code: Add the code manually to your welcome email template or use Klaviyo's "coupon_code" tag for automatic insertion.

3. Connecting Elements: Set up a triggered flow that sends your welcome email with the coupon to anyone who signs up for your 'Newsletter' list.

Bonus Tips: Consider a multi-email welcome flow, personalize your emails, and track performance to optimize.

feel free to contact me for further questions

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @lucinilondon 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and thank you for your series of questions!

Please see below for some assistance:

1. Something to check here is if you have double opt in enabled for your Newsletter List. If you do, this could be due to customers signing up via your form on the site, but not confirming the subscription status by selecting the link in the email that would have been sent.
    Here is some more information on Double Opt in: 
    https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251108
    Here is another Community Members post about asking existing profiles to confirm opt in: 

2. There are two ways to use codes in emails - either static or unique. If static, then you would create this in Shopify ie; Welcome10 and then add this as text in the email campaign. If unique, you will need to create coupons in Klaviyo which will be added by some code.  Depending on your use case, a static code maybe suitable on its own.
    Here is an article that will help you with this: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005084727

3. When you create a Welcome Flow, Klaviyo will step you through the process. If you have created a Template you wish to use, when you go to manage your first email in the flow you can choose from a template.
    Here is a helpful article on this: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002775172

I hope this is of assistance and welcome to Klaviyo 😊

Here is another really good article in the Klaviyo Help Centre about getting started with Shopify x Klaviyo

If you have any further questions, please let me know

Kylie