Solved

Background too big

• 11 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

The background on the email template is showing as really thick on some emails. 

How can I make this as thin as possible? I have the boarder size set to zero and the email width set to 700px already. 

I would like it to be around 2 or 3 times thicker that the white boarder around the picture.

icon

Best answer by David To 12 April 2022, 16:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Ashanti,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I think it would be helpful if you could clarify further what it is you were looking to achieve such as defining what you mean by some aspects of the email being thicker or thinner than others. I’ve found that circling areas of the image you were discussing to be really helpful. 

Also, keep in mind that a lot of factors play into how an inbox provider renders your emails. I would also suggest taking a look at our How to Use Images in EmailsOptimal Email Template Width,  and How to Add a Background Image to an Email Template Help Center articles to learn more about how to use backgrounds in emails and recommended image sizes.

For example, we recommend using an email width of 600px. When using a larger width email, such as the 700px you’re using, it’s recommended to conduct robust testing around how your email will look across different email clients and devices. Third part tools such as Litmus and Email on Acid are great for this. You can also leverage Klaviyo’s extensive network of Klaviyo Partners from the director to connect with an email designer if you need further hands on customization or assistance on your emails as well!

If you haven’t already, other users have also found that taking the Getting Started with Email Design Academy Course also offered them great insight into designing their emails.

I hope this helps!

David